School Development Support
School improvement is the foremost responsibility of any leadership team. This is based on the premise that the school themselves are best placed to identify the areas that need improving and to implement the changes needed that can bring better outcomes for pupils. That’s the cliche jargon talking right there.
Real School Development support is all about how school improvement is implemented on a daily basis and this sometimes feels as though that it is designed to work against school leaders and not with us.
Whole School Development
Do you recognise any of the issues and/or challenges outlined below?
- Huge variations and differences within the school – with different departments producing wildly different outcomes for the same cohort of pupils
- The budget not allowing you the leeway to make the changes you need
- The quality of teaching tends to vary from outstanding to inadequate depending on where you are in the building
- The demands of Ebacc, specialisms, vocational courses at KS4 whilst trying to build a solid KS3
- Issues of literacy, EAL, skewered cohorts and a host of other things outside of your control, but the expectation level remains impossibly high
- Other voices judging your community unfairly
Now imagine what the situation could like. By implementing and working with someone who is interested in your whole school development, you could experience change. With someone who has an agenda that consists of supporting you and your team as you lead the school vision, you could experience changes like the following:
- Focused expertise to support identified curriculum leaders or groups of leaders
- Implementing whole school models with focus on progress and outcomes
- Support with school development planning and evaluation
- Inset training on your agendas
- Governance training: understanding the accountability, challenge and supportive nature of outstanding governance
- Staff development – moving teachers from good to great
- Supporting your SLT to lead the agenda of courage across your community
By having a professional coaching relationship, you too can make those changes happen within your whole school development. By introducing you to the concept of cornerstone leadership, I can help you in the support of your school to achieve its goals.
Have you got any questions or need anything clarifying?
Arrange your free 20-minute call today to discuss anything further.